For those who previously read, maybe even made the recipe I previously posted for no bake peanut butter balls. I wasn’t happy with the anise or nutmeg, so I altered the recipe and came up with a new one that makes me oh so happy. Enjoy these vegan and gluten-free protein filled sweets!
- 1-1/2 cup peanut butter (I used creamy)
- 1/3 cup, plus 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamon
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 3 Tablespoons raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 Tablespoons cup raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 4 Tablespoons raw ground almonds
- 2 Tablespoons raw sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup oats (gluten free)
- Mix all the seeds together in an oven safe bowl and bake/ roast in the oven (or toaster oven) at 375. I didn’t roast them too long, only long enough to bring out their nutty flavors, about 3-5 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Meanwhile, in a separate medium size bowl, use an electric hand mixer to ease the mixing of the peanut butter, agave nectar, and all the spices.
- Next, stir in the sunflower, pumpkin, and sesame seeds. Once those are mixed in well, add the oats little amounts at a time as you may decide to use less per the consistency desired.
- Use your hands to knead all the ingredients evenly into the peanut butter dough and form into one big ball.
- If your dough is super soft, put in the refrigerator for about 5-10 minutes.
- When firm, but not too firm, form into 1″-2″ size balls, then put back into the refrigerator to chill all the way through. They are tasty and satisfying this way.